Dear Artists and Friends of the Arts,
Planning is underway for the 2017 Uptown Arts Stroll in Washington Heights–Inwood and West Harlem, and the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) is proud to announce a call for submissions for the annual poster contest. The 2017 honorarium is $750 to the winning artist, and information on how to submit artwork is outlined below.
Next year is the 15th Uptown Arts Stroll, which has come a long way from the start—the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2003—to a month-long arts festival from West 135th Street to West 220th Street in June, produced by NoMAA.
Please share the announcement with others, and post the attached flyer to help us reach Northern Manhattan artists.
Uptown Arts Stroll Coordinator
2017 Uptown Arts Stroll poster contest
Call for submissions
[ PDF version ]
Artists are asked to include these elements in their submissions:
- Elements of uptown’s diversity, inclusiveness, and dynamic arts and cultural scene.
- Include “2017 Uptown Arts Stroll” in your artwork.
- Artist must be a West Harlem, Washington Heights–Inwood resident (West 135th to West 220th Street).
- Artist may submit one (1) image for consideration.
- High-resolution (300 dpi with 2,440 pixels or greater) JPG (more than 3-4MP), EPS or TIFF file.
- Image must be large enough to format to 11 x 17 in poster size.
- Submit the image without the artist’s name on it. Include in the body of the email:
- Artist’s full name (first and last)
- Artist’s brief bio or artist statement (maximum one-page)
- Phone number
- Entry must be received by email to by Friday 24 February 2017.
Finalist and winner selection
A panel of distinguished judges from the local arts community will select the winning poster. Consideration is given to eye-catching original and unpublished images that reflect the elements identified above.
Selected winner agrees that:
- The winning poster image may be used in any way to promote the 2017 Uptown Arts Stroll in Washington Heights-Inwood and West Harlem. NoMAA will work with you to include additional text in the Uptown Arts Stroll poster such as dates, contact information, sponsors, etc.
- Allow image to be used in all publications with the following dimensions: poster: 11 x 17 in; brochure: 6 x 10 in; postcard: 5 x 8 in.
- Other marketing and promotional materials
- Allow for full color and B&W reproduction
Grand prize winner receives:
- $750 honorarium
- Exclusive graphic representation throughout the 2017 Uptown Arts Stroll