The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance announces the 2016 Uptown Arts Stroll Poster Contest, open to Washington Heights–Inwood and West Harlem artists.
For this year’s submissions for the poster contest, artists are asked to incorporate these elements into their proposed art work:
- Theme: Arts and history in Northern Manhattan.
- Include “Uptown Arts Stroll, June 2016” in the design.
(Note: You can also submit your design to the BID/GoUptown.NYC initiative.)
- Artist must be a resident of Washington Heights–Inwood or West Harlem (West 135th to 220th Street).
- Artist may submit only one (1) image for consideration.
- Entry must be submitted by e-mail to by Sunday 24 April 2016, 11:59 p.m. EDT (extended). Please write “Arts Stroll poster contest” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
- Image file must be a high-resolution (300 dpi only) JPG or PDF without the artist’s name.
- E-mail entry must include:
- Artist’s full name (first and last)
- Artist’s brief bio or artist statement
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Art work title and media
A panel of distinguished judges, drawn from the local arts community, will select the artwork that will represent the 2016 Uptown Arts Stroll. Consideration will be given to eye-catching, original and unpublished images. Notifications will be sent out via e-mail the first week in May.
Selected winner agrees:
- The selected image will be used in the poster that will represent and promote the 2016 Uptown Arts Stroll. NoMAA will work with you to include additional text in the Uptown Arts Stroll poster, such as dates, contact information, sponsors, etc.
- Allow image to be used in any publications with the following dimensions:
- Poster: 11 x 17 in.
- Other marketing and promotional materials
- Allow for full color and B&W reproduction.
- $500 honorarium
- Exclusive graphic representation throughout the 2016 Uptown Arts Stroll