Northern Manhattan’s annual visual and performing arts festival will return this June! This is the second year that the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) will oversee this event, which celebrates and promotes the northern Manhattan arts, cultural, and business communities. The Uptown Arts Stroll invites neighborhood residents and visitors from the rest of the city to a month of art exhibitions and performances north of W. 155th Street.
Poster Contest – Call for Submissions
Deadline: Friday, 13 March, 5 p.m.
We are calling for submissions for the Uptown Arts Stroll 2009 poster contest:
- Design must accommodate three sizes:
- Poster: 18 x 24 in.
- Flier: 8.5 x 11 in.
- Postcard: 6 x 4¼ in.
- Allow for full color and B&W reproduction.
- The following text must be shown in the mock up:
- Uptown Arts Stroll 2009 / Paseo de las artes 2009
- Presented by the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA)
- Exhibits and performances by the Washington Heights and Inwood arts community
- May 30 – June 29
- Details: www.artstroll.com, www.nomaanyc.org or the Manhattan Times
- (Include additional space where events and sponsors will be listed)
- Poster Selection:
- A panel of judges drawn from the local arts community will give extra consideration to eye-catching original and unpublished designs that reflect the Northern Manhattan landscape.
- The panel will select finalists.
- Finalists will be asked to bring a hard copy of the design, on paper or board no larger than 9X12 in., to exhibit to voters.
- Finalists’ submissions will be exhibited at NoMAA’s Artists’ Salon on Monday, March 30th, 2009 at Manhattan Mini Storage – 5030 Broadway at 213th Street, 6-8pm.
- The winning poster will be selected by community vote at this event.
- Entry must include artist’s name, address, phone number, and email.
- DEADLINE: Friday, March 13 by 5pm. Winning selection announced in April and will receive a $500 honorarium.
- Send digital submissions to info[at]nomaanyc.org (please submit JPEG files of 300 dpi only).
- For more information visit www.artstroll.com or www.nomaanyc.org.